PRIVATE PIANO LESSONS
The methodology used in piano teaching is adapted to the needs and abilities of each student, based on the official program, our teachers find the balance between fun, technique of the instrument and musical language. Learning is progressive, and with a little study by the students, results can be seen in a short period of time. Students play classical and modern repertoire, and we use educational apps on the iPad to encourage fun and learning.
Piano lessons are aimed at students of all ages, including those with special needs. We offer an effective, fast and fun way to learn to play the piano.
PIANO LESSONS FOR ALL AGES
Lessons for beginners
Age: children between 4 and 8 years old.
Duration: usually 30 minutes
We recommend that your child starts learning to play the piano in this age range.
- Your teacher will use a variety of games to engage the student’s attention along with a range of piano books to develop their musical skills.
- We will develop musical skills: musical note recognition rhythm recognition
- A variety of games are introduced to learn new musical concepts.
- Learning to play easy-medium difficulty pieces
Practice: starting with 5 minutes every day or even every week. We want to make sure that we don’t force them to play the piano, but that it is like a game. Students need to get used to the habit and this takes time, give them time to make it a habit.
Piano lessons for beginners/intermediate for pupils (8+) and adults
Lesson duration: lessons are generally 45 or 60 minutes, depending on the age of the student.
- Learning to read music
- Learning to compose and write a piece of music.
- Learning to improvise
- Studying of different musical styles
- Learning to play a short piece of music, usually songs or pieces that the student is interested in learning because he/she likes it very much.
- About major and minor piano scales and chords
Practice: We teach students what they would like to learn so that they have more motivation to sit down and study on their own.
Advanced level classes
Classes for children and adults at intermediate or advanced level.
Duration: 60 minutes
These lessons are aimed at people who have enough knowledge in a good understanding of chords, scales and piano notation, as well as playing the piano for quite some time.
- How to write and notate longer piano compositions.
- In-depth musical styles such as baroque, classical, jazz, jazz, flamenco, impressionist, romantic…
- Major and minor scales and further chord development.
- Techniques in detail and also on the structure of piano music
- Working towards the Trinity College examination (ABRSM) to develop a career as a pianist.
The ABRSM or Trinity College is compulsory for any student wishing to obtain any advanced Music qualification. We prepare our students for the certificate by
- Developing a reasonable understanding of music when composing or analysing;
- Beginning to recognise the basic concepts of interpretation: dynamics, balance, tempo…
- Working on the skills to begin to deal reasonably with complex musical passages.
ABRSM syllabus. We have a 100% pass rate on this.