Singing lessons will be supported by piano training as part of the development exercises at home.
We teach both beginners and singers preparing for auditions or exams, even people who sing for fun.
Pieces/songs will be chosen from a selection of prepared works to suit each student’s preferences and technical abilities.
In our individual lessons the singing teacher is like a coach in an elite sport, working to establish optimum vocal efficiency, whilst ensuring that each student improves their sound and unique style.
- Singing pieces we love.
- Increasing range and power.
- Learning how to avoid injuries on our vocal cords.
- Warming-up routines.
- Strengthening the muscles involved with the voice and coordinating them with exercises.
- Working on the expressive side of the pieces.
- Adapting our body language to each dramatic circumstance.
- Specific and effective vocal techniques.
- Innovative musical exercises.
- Problem-solving work on the repertoire chosen by the students.
Singing is one of the best ways to learn music and have fun, it is also a great way for students to improve self-confidence, develop new skills and feel motivated for continuous improvement.
The ABRSM or Trinity College is compulsory for any student who wants to obtain any advanced Music qualification. We prepare our students for the certificate by
- Developing a reasonable understanding of music when composing or analysing;
- Beginning to recognise the basic concepts of interpretation: dynamics, balance, tempo…
- Working on the skills to begin to deal reasonably with complex musical passages.
ABRSM syllabus. We have a 100% pass rate on this.